FIU College of Engineering and Computing
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida., May, 1993
- M.S.E.E., Florida International University, Miami, Florida, August, 1989
- Mechanical-Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE equivalent), National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, May, 1987
- Digital Signal Processing, with special interest in the processing of Biomedical Signals
- Adaptive Digital Signal Processing and Artificial Neural Networks
- Spatio-Temporal Signal Processing Processing of different normal and abnormal features of the Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Real-Time implementation of Signal Processing Algorithms using dedicated DSP chips
- Microprocessor systems
- Design and implementation of microprocessor-based instruments
- Wang J., Barreto A., Rishe N., Andrian J. and Adjouadi M., “A Fast Incremental Multilinear Principal Component Analysis Algorithm”, International Journal of Innovative Computing Information and Control (IJICIC), Vol.7., No. 8 (to appear August 2011).
- Faller K.J. II, Barreto A. and Adjouadi M., “Augmented Hankel Total Least Squares Decomposition of Head-Related Transfer Functions”, Audio Engineering Society (AES) Journal Vol 58, No. 1/2, pages 3-21, 2010.
- Chen Y., Adjouadi M., Han C., Wang J., Barreto A., Rishe N. and Andrian J., “A Highly Accurate and Computationally Efficient Approach for Unconstrained Iris Segmentation”, Image and Vision Computing. Volume 28, Issue 2, February 2010, Pages 261-269
- Wang, J., Barreto, A., Wang, L., Chen, Y., Rishe, N., Andrian, J., and Adjouadi, M. 2010. “Multilinear principal component analysis for face recognition with fewer features”. Neurocomputing. 73, 10-12 (Jun. 2010), 1550-1555.
- Gao Y., Barreto A. and Adjouadi M., “Detection of Sympathetic Activation through Measurement and Adaptive Processing of the Pupil Diameter for Affective Assessment of Computer Users”, American Journal of Biomedical Sciences. 1(4), 283 – 294, 2009.
- Chin, C. A., Barreto A. and Adjouadi M., “Integration of EMG and EGT Modalities for the Development of an Enhanced Cursor Control System” International Journal on Artificial Intelligence Tools, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 399- 414. (2009).
- Faller J.K., Barreto A. and Rishe N., “A new Inverse Processing Approach to the Modelling of Head-Related Transfer Functions for Audio Spatialization”, Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 1., January 2009, pp. 51–63
- Alonso Jr. M., Barreto A., and Adjouadi M., “Digital Image Inverse Filtering for Improving Visual Acuity for Computer Users with Visual Aberrations”, Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 8., December 2008. pp. 957 – 966.
- Barreto, A., “Visual Impairments”, (Chapter 1) in 'Web Accessibility: A Foundation for Research', pp. 3 – 13, edited By Simon Harper and Yeliz Yesilada . Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York, First edition (June 6, 2008), ISBN-10: 1848000499 , ISBN-13: 978-1848000490.
- Chin, C. A., Barreto, A., Cremades, J.G., and Adjouadi, M., “Integrated Electromyogram and Eye Gaze Tracking Cursor Control System for Computer Users with Motor Disabilities”, Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development. Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 161-174, 2008.