The following is in addition to the University Graduate School admission requirements:
1. A student seeking admission into the program must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, physical sciences, computer science or mathematics from an accredited institution, or, in the case of foreign students, from an institution recognized in its own country as preparing students for further study at the graduate level.
2. An applicant must have a GPA score of 3.0 or higher in upper level undergraduate work.
3. Applicants who have not satisfied the above score may be evaluated for conditional admission.
4. International students whose native language is not English, must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System Test (IELTS). Minimum required score is: 550 on the paper-based test (PBT TOEFL), or 80 on the iBT TOEFL, or 6.5 overall on the IELTS test.
5. Applicants from science areas other than electrical or computer engineering will be expected to complete sufficient background material at the undergraduate level prior to unconditional acceptance into the graduate program